One of the most beautiful trap laid down by the builder is SAMPLE FLAT. Human beings have 5 senses and all our decisions are dependent on 5 senses. While purchasing a under construction flat we completely rely on Sample Flat to decide. I would rather term Sample Flat as a Mirage or a beautiful deception.
I will never recommend to finalize a under construction property based on deceptive Sample flat. Trust me you will never get a flat even 60% of Sample flat becoz of following reasons
1. Highly Customized Interiors: The interiors of sample flat are 100% customized and done by professionals. The specialization of these professionals is to deliver very beautiful but non-usable & non-lasting interiors. If you notice very closely then you will never prefer this kind of work for your home as it will not serve any purpose but they only look very beautiful at 1st glance. You will look for more reliable and long lasting interiors.
2. Illusion of being Spacious: Its a technique and art. You will never find any doors in sample flat & you will find lot of Glass work in sample flat. All this give illusion of large space as u might have observed in small restaurants also. In reality, it will not help and u will get much less space as projected in sample flat.
3. Customized Super Premium Furniture & Fixtures: The furniture and fixtures used in sample flat are aspirational and to be very practical, pls keep in mind that you are not going to get all this in your flat. The fixtures used in actual flat are very ordinary stuff.
4. Most Beautiful Walls: If you have noticed closely then most beautiful part of sample flat is its walls. Reason they are either made of gypsum board or covered with beautiful wall paper. Unfortunately in your flat you will get brick wall. Also the walls are very thin therefore give a feel of more space.
5. Specification of Sample Flat: There is a concept of Super Built up area, Built up area and carpet area. Though you buy flat as per Super Built up area but actually you get carpet area (Which is actually usable area). Carpet area is normally 70%-75% of Super Built up area. Many builders build the sample flat based on super built up area so that it look more spacious. At the time of possession, if u dispute then they will say that its a common industry practice.
6. Height of Side Walls: In normal flats the height of side walls is between 9-10 feet but in sample flat you will find side walls of upto 13-15 feet which again give a look of being more spacious.
In short, Sample flat is more aspirational & deceptive in nature but you are buying your own home sweet home. Now you must be wondering what to do in this case. Answer is very simple, pls ask detailed layout of flat with dimensions. There are lot of software available on internet which can give you a virtual 3D look and feel of your flat based on specifications entered by you (provided by builder). Also with the help of measurement tape, you can estimate the space that will be available in your house. Its better to plot an estimated 3D layout in your mind before signing below the dotted line. Please ensure that layout shared by builder is part of agreement between you and builder & also mention carpet area in the agreement. This is the only legal document which can save you from being cheated & you will get the space being promised to you by the builder.
Copyright © 2011-2013 Nitin Bhatia. All Rights Reserved.Share this Post: