With the grace of God and my Boss (For approving my leave), i got a golden opportunity to visit most happening and most lively place in India i.e. GOA. As i planned a trip on short notice therefore i decided to drive down from Bangalore to Goa and it was fun filled 5 days including 2 days of driving.
I think single post is not enough to share my experiences & it will be injustice to my goa trip therefore i decided to write my review in 2 parts
Part 1: Review of my resort Lazylagoon Sarovar Portico Suites
Part 2: Things to do in Goa
In this post, i will review my stay in Lazylagoon Sarovar Portico Suites. Before booking the resort, i fixed my budget and i had 2 options within my budget either to book a 3 star resort on the beach in South Goa or to book a 4 star resort off the beach in North Goa. I decided for second option and zeroed in on Lazylagoon Sarovar Portico Suites. Moreover this time, i was planning to stay in North Goa. Before booking i checked the rating of Lazylagoon Sarovar Portico Suites on Tripadvisor.in & Makemytrip.com and i was quite satisfied with the reviews of the travelers…
In past also, i have stayed at different Sarovar group properties in India & every time i had very good experience therefore i again decided to book Sarovar property. After deciding on resort, i searched for rates and found best rates on www.makemytrip.com
Makemytrip.com was offering instant 10% discount on listed rates and secondly as i was booking through HDFC bank credit card, HDFC bank was offering cash-back of Rs 1300 on domestic hotel booking through makemytrip.com for 4 night stay. I booked a Suite in Lazylagoon Sarovar Portico Suites.
I reached the resort late in the evening & was quite impressed that everything was well organized. Check-in process took just 5 mins. The resort staff was quite friendly and supportive. Within 10 mins, i was in my suite. The suite was very neat and clean with the view of Swimming Pool and Lagoon from balcony. Just to add that entire resort was painted recently and it was looking very beautiful.
I am listing down some of the pros & cons of the Lazylagoon Sarovar Portico Suites.
1. Location: Though resort is in North Goa but it is quite peaceful and very close to nature. You will get a very good view of Lagoon and small hills. Panjim is just 18 Kms from the resort.
2. Ambiance & Facilities: Overall Ambiance and Facilities were awesome. The suite was quite spacious and was comparable to 5 Star suites.
3. Friendly Staff: As i mentioned resort staff was quite friendly and very supportive. All my requests were attended promptly & service was fast.
4. Proximity to Taxi and 2 Wheeler Stand: The Taxi and 2 wheeler stand is just outside the resort. It was quite convenient to rent a taxi or bike.
5. Swimming Pool: Swimming Pool was well maintained and my family enjoyed the most in Swimming Pool. Pool for kids was quite safe and clean.
6. Breakfast: I would definitely mention the breakfast spread of the resort. I really enjoyed the breakfast spread and had more than, i usually had because it was too good.
Cons: Though we cud not find any issues during our stay but just highlighting some points which other travelers might value.
1. Off the Beach: Though this resort is just 2 Kms from Baga beach but if u r specifically looking for a resort on beach then best options are available only in South Goa. In North Goa, you will not find any good resort on beach..At the same time, all action is in North Goa.
2. Food was Costly: The buffet option was bit costly. Buffet dinner was Rs 529/= per head and being Non-Veg, i cud not find it worth but food quality was good. As our package included only breakfast therefore mostly we had our lunch and dinner outside resort as we tried out different food options available in North Goa.
3. Limited Parking Space: Resort has only 5 Parking spaces and on couple of occasions we found it difficult to park our vehicle but Resort staff ensured that all the vehicles are parked inside only.
Conclusion: I will definitely recommend this resort, if u r planning to stay in North Goa but want best of both North and South Goa. I must say that Lazylagoon Sarovar Portico Suites provide “Best Value for Money”.
Copyright © 2011-2012 Nitin Bhatia. All Rights Reserved.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE....
Share this Post: