May 19, 2019 at 6:50 PM #123354sac_ssnParticipant
Dear Sir and fellow members,
I am creating Stock-Analysis.xlsx everyday now and using shortlisted stocks for day trade watchlist. I have few queries related to same.
For buy shortlisting: all filters condition >= 0.
For sell shortlisting: all filters condition <= 0.
1. I have confusion related to Change in OI and OI Contracts. Is it possible that stock is in downtrend so there is more interest in selling stocks and so Future Contracts or OI will increase? In this case, for selling shortlist filter will not work properly?
2. There are more than 6 criterias (filters). Are the weightage for all filters same? Or we can define some weightage? If yes then can you share some information.
3. The total row is used to find market trend or nifty trend. It is rare to have all filters/criteria fields showing same trend. In this case the weightage would really help. Is there a way to make some sense out of this data?
4. This is my primary way to shortlist stocks for now. Studying other videos to learn more. Can I depend on this as primary shortlisting method or use just as support system?
May 20, 2019 at 11:43 PM #125496stories shubhamParticipant
Yes sir I recently watched the swing trading excel sheet video and have a similar query as 1.
May 22, 2019 at 7:53 AM #126568Nitin BhatiaKeymaster
1. You need to check the smart money data for conclusion. Increased OI might be due to closure of existing positions by smart money and fresh positions by retail investors.
2. All filters are unique..In volatile market give high weightage to F&O data
3. The weightage can be assigned but there is no standard rule
4. I rely on this method..It also depends on the results you are getting..If your accuracy is high then you may continue with this system.
- The topic ‘ Query related to Stock-Analysis.xlsx’ is closed to new replies.