Goa is a Dream Destination in India. Every traveler has only 1 question in mind What all Things to do in Goa. In my last post on Goa, i reviewed my resort Lazylagoon Sarovar Portico Suites. In this post, i will list down Things to do in Goa. I have endless list as Goa is a place where you exploration never ends and everyone leaves Goa with a thought that i cud have explored more.
1. Beaches: The main attraction of Goa is its beaches. While all the action is on North Goa Beaches whereas South Goa Beaches are clean and peaceful. Best beaches in North Goa are Calangute, Baga & Anjuna Beach. The vote for most popular South Goa Beaches goes for Agonda, Palolem & Cavelossim beach.
2. Water Sports: Goa is only place in India to enjoy Water Sports. I tried my hands on Jet Skiing @ Dona Paula & my heart came to mouth in the middle of sea. Some brave hearts were trying Para-sailing and Banana Boat. In short it was fun to try some water sports & once in a life time experience.
3. Sea Food: Goa is Taste Buds delight for all the sea food lovers/foodies. My vote for some of the best sea food restaurants goes to Jamies Place @ Baga, Fisherman’s Cove @ Candolim, Fisherman’s Wharf @ Cavelossim & Brittos Shack @ Baga. The experience of having candle light dinner on a Shack is out of world experience. Another shack to try is Nick’s Place @ Arpora. The must try dishes in Goa are Fish Curry with Rice and Prawns Curry with Rice.
4. Shopping @ Flea Market: Best one is Ingo’s Saturday Night Bazaar. Some other favorite shopping destinations are Anjuna Market, Night Market @ Arpora, 18th June Road @ Panjim & Calangute Beach Road. Best part in Goa is that clothes are damn cheap. Secondly, if u r a good negotiator then u can get more in less. You should always quote 50% of quoted rate and i can bet deal will be through. Infact in Goa, i thought of starting my own business by purchasing clothes from Goa and selling in my city. I can easily earn margins of 200%.
5. Tattoo’s: You will find lot of Tattoo design studios in Goa specially in North Goa. The designs available are awesome and you will not find such designs anywhere in India.
6. Old Goa: The drive from Panjim to Old Goa next to River Mandovi was awesome experience & Driving through by-lanes of Old Goa took me to Black & White era of 60’s & 70’s (As seen in movies). I felt like driving through Rome (Thanks to Discovery Channel). Key attractions in Old Goa are Basilica of Bom Jesus Church and Se Cathedral. If you are interested in history and historical monuments then Old Goa is place for you. You can check out Churches, Old Heritage Monuments, Govt Buildings, Bungalows, Bakeries etc.
7. Evening Cruise on River Mandovi: There are lot of cruises like Santa Monica, Paradise etc. Though artists on these cruises perform some useless dance no’s but you can enjoy the sunset on River Mandovi. Also these cruises engage the audience through DJ so you can enjoy cruise with some foot tapping music.
8. Two Wheeler Drive in Goa: You can easily hire 2 wheeler in Goa and every 2nd shop has 2 wheeler of your choice for rent. They charge somewhere between Rs 200-250 per day and you can negotiate better if u hire for more no of days. Just to add Petrol is cheapest in Goa. Currently petrol costs Rs 76/litre in Mumbai whereas in Goa its Rs 56/litre. It is better to stay in North Goa and take a drive of South Goa on 2 Wheeler. You will definitely love 2 wheeler drive on roads of Goa.
9. Nightlife in Goa: I will rate nightlife in Goa as best in India even better than that of Mumbai. Some of the hot spots & popular spots for party rats are Club Cabana & Tito’s.
10. Bollywood Filming Spots: Goa is one of the favorite destination for Bollywood Movie shooting. Dum Maro Dum, Singham, Honeymoon Travels Pvt Ltd, Dil Chahta Hain etc are some of the popular movies filmed in Goa. Favorite locations in Goa are Fort Aguada, Chapora Fort, Se Cathedral etc. If u are movie buff and wish to see more shooting spots then you can hire local taxi and he will take u to all the locations where movies were filmed.
I tried to cover complete list of Things to do in Goa during my Goa visit but before i left Goa with Unforgettable Sweet Memories, My New List of Things to do in Goa for next Goa Trip was ready. This is the charm of Heaven on Earth called Goa.
Copyright © 2011-2012 Nitin Bhatia. All Rights Reserved.